With 18 ratings
By: Troy Dimes
Purchased At: $9.29 (7 used & new offers)
Learn one of the most widely used computer programming languages in existence today.
Java is one of the most widely used and powerful computer programming languages in existence today. Once you learn how to program in Java you can create software applications that run on servers, desktop computers, tablets, phones, Blu-ray players, and more.
Write once, run anywhere!
Also, if you want to ensure your software behaves the same regardless of which operation system it runs on, then Java's "write once, run anywhere" philosophy is for you. Java was design to be platform independent allowing you to create applications that run on a variety of operating systems including Windows, Mac, Solaris, and Linux.
Here's what you'll learn...
- How to prepare your computer for programming in Java. (Screenshots included.)
- Java file naming conventions.
- How to work with various data types including integers, floating point numbers, characters, and booleans.
- What variables are and when to use them.
- How to perform mathematical operations in Java.
- Making decisions in your programs based on comparisons.
- Other ways to control the flow of your programs.
- How to manipulate textual data.
- All about arrays -- how to create them, when to use them, and more.
- Various ways to perform the same actions in your programs without repeating yourself.
- 3 types of loops.
- Object oriented programming concepts and techniques including classes, modifiers, methods, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Ways to gracefully handle errors that might occur when someone uses your programs.
Includes practices exercises that facilitate learning and make programming in Java "click" for you.
Exercises are included at the end of each chapter along with the solution so you can practice what you've learned.
Great for beginning programmers or those that are new to the Java language
If you've never programmed before, don't worry. This book will guide you step-by-step to creating your first software application. If you have some programming experience, then this book will teach you the specifics of the Java programming language.