With 1 ratings
By: raywenderlich Tutorial Team, Caroline Begbie, et al.
Purchased At: $55.99 (5 used & new offers)
Build your own low-level game engine in Metal!
This book introduces you to graphics programming in Metal — Apple’s framework for programming on the GPU. You’ll build your own game engine in Metal where you can create 3D scenes and build your own 3D games.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate Swift developers interested in learning 3D graphics or gaining a deeper understanding of how game engines work.
Topics Covered in Metal by Tutorials
- The Rendering Pipeline: Take a deep dive through the graphics pipeline.
- 3D Models: Import 3D models with Model I/O and discover what makes up a 3D model.
- Coordinate Spaces: Learn the math behind 3D rendering.
- Lighting: Make your models look more realistic with simple lighting techniques.
- Textures & Materials: Design textures and surfaces for micro detail.
- Character Animation: Bring your 3D models to life with joints and animation.
- Tessellation: Discover how to use tessellation to add a greater level of detail using fewer resources.
- Environment: Add a sky to your scenes and use the sky image for lighting.
- Instancing & Procedural Generation: Save resources with instancing, and generate scenes algorithmically.
- Multipass & Deferred Rendering: Add shadows with advanced lighting effects.
- And more!
After reading this book, you’ll be prepared to take full advantage of graphics rendering with the Metal framework.