With 14 ratings
By: Reza Rad
Purchased At: $30.99
About This Book
- Discover the Dimensional Modeling concept while designing a data warehouse
- Learn Data Movement based on technologies such as SSIS, MDS, and DQS
- Design dashboards and reports with Microsoft BI technologies
Who This Book Is For
If you are a BI and Data Warehouse developer new to Microsoft Business Intelligence, and looking to get a good understanding of the different components of Microsoft SQL Server for Business Intelligence, this book is for you.
It's assumed that you will have some experience in databases systems and T-SQL. This book is will give you a good upshot view of each component and scenarios featuring the use of that component in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence systems.
What You Will Learn
- Perform Data Modeling with SSAS Multidimensional and MDX
- Use DAX and SSAS tabular for Data Modeling
- Manage Master Data with MDS
- Reveal Knowledge Driven Data Quality with DQS
- Understand prediction and Data Mining
- Identify data patterns and predictive models
- Design Dashboards with PerformancePoint and Power View
- Explore Power Query and Power Map as components of Power BI
- Create Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services and integrate them in applications
Take advantage of the real power behind the BI components of SQL Server 2014, Excel 2013, and SharePoint 2013 with this hands-on book. This book will give you a competitive advantage by helping you to quickly learn how to design and build BI system with Microsoft BI tools.
This book starts with designing a data warehouse with dimensional modeling, and then looks at creating data models based on SSAS multidimensional and Tabular technologies. It will illustrate how to use SSIS for ETL, and MDS and DQS for data governance and data quality. The book is packed with real-world examples that will give you a good understanding of the BI and DW components of SQL Server 2014, Excel 2013, and SharePoint 2013.