With 19 ratings
By: Mark Safronov and Jeffrey Winesett
Purchased At: $21.99
About This Book
- Implement real-world web application features efficiently using the Yii development framework
- Each chapter provides micro-examples that build upon each other to create the final macro-example, a basic CRM application
- Filled with useful tasks to improve the maintainability of your applications
Who This Book Is For
This book is for professional PHP developers who wish to master the powerful Yii 2 application framework. It is assumed that you have knowledge of object-oriented programming. The previous version of the Yii framework is only briefly mentioned, but it'll be even easier to grasp Yii 2 with the knowledge of Yii 1.1.x.
What You Will Learn
- Build a complete application boilerplate with a single shell command and transform it into a running website with another
- Generate code for routine CRUD interface pages
- Make a vile extension just for fun and learn how to attach it to a target application
- Control and customize the output that will be sent to the client browser
- Authenticate users using a classic password-based technique and authorize them using role-based access control
- Prepare your application for multiple users and deployment to a production environment
- Answer mind-boggling SEO feature requests by modifying the route handling mechanism
Yii is a high performance PHP framework used for rapid web application development. It is well designed, well supported, easy to learn, and easy to maintain. This book embraces the learn-by-example methodology to show you the most important features of the Yii 2 framework. Throughout the course of this book, you will build a simple real-world application; each chapter will introduce you to a new functionality and show you how to tweak your application. Instead of trying to be an all-encompassing reference about the framework, this is a walkthrough of the really important pieces of information that you have to understand in detail.
You will learn how to use Yii's active record and CRUD scaffolding to manage the data in your database. Authentication, extensions, events and behaviors, and route management are just some of the many other features of Yii that you will learn from this book. By the end of this book, you will have a basic CRM application that is all set for service!