The following was emailed to [email protected]
(per Amazon support) but I never got a response.
* * * * * * * * *
I received the radio from Amazon and while I didn’t notice anything unusual in the packaging, I have concerns that this may have been a refurbished / returned unit.
1. Rather than the WiFi and GPS connectors being threaded connectors hard mounted to back of radio they are instead hanging off of a 2” very thin cable. The WiFi didn’t work and I noticed that threaded connector was loose and I was able to shove the wire back in the connector and it seems to work but that doesn’t seem to be a reliable connection.
2. The blue plug to back of radio for aux/video in that I don’t use had a frayed fire so I just left it out of the radio.
3. The handsfree calling seems to use the cheap built-in mic on the face of the radio and people say they have a hard time hearing me talk. I thought it would have used the existing factory installed mic in the headliner above the driver’s seat.
4. The wifi connection to my iPhones has to be manually connected each time. I would have though if I was plugged into the built-in USB port at least it would auto connect to the iPhone hotspot feathering feature like it does with my laptops or for that matter via Bluetooth.
5. There seems to be no instructions on how to upload additional content or remove the videos/songs that were preinstalled as samples. Also, how to use the “GPS Card”??
6. The biggest frustration is that I was only able to get my iPhone to connect via Bluetooth and even disconnecting mine I can’t get my wife’s iPhone to connect via Bluetooth. (Even the original factory radio supported multiple Bluetooth connected phones rather than just one).
7. Finally, it seems like it takes quite a while to boot up the android OS when I first start the vehicle. )I’m half way down the street before the radio even starts playing.)